Subject: refraction blues
From: [email-masked]
To: lightwave <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 12:35:33 -0600 (MDT)

Hello to all you fellow waveriders. I sent one message this morning, but 
I am not sure if it made it. I have a query to post. In the July issue of 
VTU, there is an ad which shows a plane on the Y axis which is distorting 
an image behind it. I had success using a bump map ripples, but I wasn't 
able to make a displacement map with the same surface setting to work. 
When rendered out with a displacement map, the image was not refracted. 
The surface was 95% transparent and had a refraction of 1.55. Any ideas.
thanks in advance.

      BLINK                             two tips to living a long life: 
Animation & Design                      1. don't sweat the small stuff
email: [email-masked]  2. it's all small stuff

--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]